Compassionate Leader Awards
Every year we honor a select group of individuals who embody compassionate leadership.
The world faces unprecedented global challenges. Compassion at work and in our communities is key to human thriving and continued progress.
What is compassionate leadership
Compassionate leaders are people who LEAD WITH LOVE. We define compassionate leadership as:
Using your head and heart to inspire and influence others so they can inspire and influence others.
Compassionate leaders acknowledge our universal interconnectedness and use their influence to make a positive impact on people and planet.
These leaders are courageous, contemplative, collaborative, and care about the world they will leave behind.
- Laurel Donnellan, Founder, Compassionate Leaders Circle
We evaluate nominees against seven criteria we call The 7 C’s of Compassionate Leadership.
The 7 C’s of Compassionate Leadership
- Contemplative. Take time to pause and deeply reflect, emerging wiser and more self-compassionate.
- Curious. Learn and listen proactively.
- Confident. Believe in their visions and themselves.
- Compassionate. Use influence to prevent and alleviate the suffering of others.
- Collaborative. Empower all stakeholders to use their strengths and be leaders.
- Civil. Demonstrate respect when confronted with differing points of view and other challenges.
- Courageous. Advocate strongly for themselves, their values and their stakeholders.
Using the 7C’s we will evaluate nominees and select honorees in each of the following five categories:
- Arts, Entertainment and Sports
- Future Leaders - Under 25
We love shining light on compassion!
The deserving honorees in each category will be announced and recognized at a 30-minute award ceremony on Feb 3, 2022.
All honorees will receive a "Pink Heart" dome paperweight hand crafted by artist John Derian.
2022 Awards Ceremony
Feb 3, 2022
Save the date for the 2022 Compassionate Leader Awards Ceremony.
Thurs, Feb 3, 2022
1:00 pm EDT
Meet the 2022 honorees who best represent compassionate leaders everywhere who lead with love. Come celebrate and hear from these experts who are solving difficult problems with their across sectors and the globe.
Reserve your seat now!Reserve my seat
Our leadership programs
Compassion is a critical skill for current and future leaders.
The good news is compassion can be learned and cultivated.
Our unconventional programs teach the value of compassion at work and help people LEAD WITH LOVE.Learn more