2022 Awards Ceremony
Feb 3, 2022
In Case You Missed It...
Meet the 2022 honorees who best represent compassionate leaders and hear from these experts who are solving difficult problems across sectors and the globe.Watch Now
What is compassionate leadership
Compassionate leaders are people who LEAD WITH LOVE. We define compassionate leadership as:
Using your head and heart to inspire and influence others so they can inspire and influence others.
Compassionate leaders acknowledge our universal interconnectedness and use their influence to make a positive impact on people and planet.
These leaders are courageous, contemplative, collaborative, and care about the world they will leave behind.
- Laurel Donnellan, Founder, Compassionate Leaders Circle
We evaluate nominees against seven criteria we call The 7 C’s of Compassionate Leadership.
The 7 C’s of Compassionate Leadership
- Contemplative. Take time to pause and deeply reflect, emerging wiser and more self-compassionate.
- Curious. Learn and listen proactively.
- Confident. Believe in their visions and themselves.
- Compassionate. Use influence to prevent and alleviate the suffering of others.
- Collaborative. Empower all stakeholders to use their strengths and be leaders.
- Civil. Demonstrate respect when confronted with differing points of view and other challenges.
- Courageous. Advocate strongly for themselves, their values and their stakeholders.
Our leadership programs
Compassion is a critical skill for current and future leaders.
The good news is compassion can be learned and cultivated.
Our unconventional programs teach the value of compassion at work and help people LEAD WITH LOVE.Learn more